border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I just want to know....HOW

How does the windchill change by 70 degrees in 24 hours? How? Monday it was like 43. It felt like 43. Yesterday, the windchill....MINUS 30! How does that happen? Currently it is 18 below actual temp and the windchill is MINUS 40! So because its soooo cold the kids are on a 2 hour delay. So, we slept in. And while man child usually walks to school I will be driving him today. I am sure I will have to let the car warm up for like half an hour or something.

Yesterday, I spent all day at Archivers in the crop room. I had myself a grand ol time and got lots of scrappin done. I love it when that happens.

Today, I am feeling a little domestic. I don't know why. So I think I will be doing domestic things today - well not ALL day but until something else grabs my attention. I am certainly NOT going outside unless I have to.


Cheeky - who is trying to think warm thoughts - is singing a little Norah Jones today...Cold Cold Heart (Oh and did ya know Norah's version is a remake from Hank Williams??? - you didn't? Well, now ya do!)

I've tried so hard, my dear, to show that you're my every dream
Yet you're afraid each thing I do is just some evil scheme
A memory from your lonesome past keeps us so far apart
Why can't I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart?

Another love before my time made your heart sad and blue
And so my heart is payin' for things I didn't do
In anger, unkind words I say that make the teardrops start
Why can't I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart?

Another love before my time made your heart sad and blue
And now I know your heart is shackled to a memory
The more I learn to care for you, the more we drift apart
Why can't I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold cold heart?

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:14 AM :: 23 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky