border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, June 28, 2010

Adjusting rather nicely......

Yes, I think the southern life suits me quite well. After a week of unpacking (and I must say - I got quite a bit accomplished thank you very much) we decided to take the day off on Saturday and hit the lake. Spent all day out on Lake Murray. Very nice. Very nice indeed. We found a little cove, beached the boat and hung out all day with some friends. Had a really great time. Spent from 11am until about 6:30p out on the water and the only reason we came in then was because a storm cloud was brewing. AND the best part - didn't even get sunburned! And that my friends is a miracle unto itself - I mean I am one pale chick after spending 5 years in the tundra. I was careful and kept reapplying the sunscreen like a good girl. Didn't realize how tired we all were until we got home and crashed. Whew! But it really was a GREAT day.

Yesterday, after goofing off all day on Saturday, it was time to get the garage unpacked and organized. I really should have taken before and after pics because - wow - we worked our bootays off but it does look good!

The garden is starting to produce some goodies. We have picked a few cucumbers already (and have made a fabulous cucumber salad - yummy) and the tomato plants have lots of green little maters just waiting to mature. The jalapeno pepper plants have already yielded some goodies too. Yep, I will be making homemade salsa in no time! LOVE IT! Oh and the kitties want me to tell you that the catnip that was planted just for them - has them in heaven. Its so funny, each night after watering I bring in a leaf for each of them - they go nuts. Silly kitties.

Today, manchild and I are heading out to Myrtle Beach and staying with my Aunt for the week. No internet. Yep, time for a little disconnect and relaxation.

Plan for next week - Time to get the craft room in order - yes, I am feeling a little mojo brewing and need to play.

Cheeky - who is grabbing her pink flamingo beach towel, hitting the waves and singing a little Surf City.......catch ya next week!

Two girls for every boy.....

I bought a '30 Ford wagon and we call it a woody
(Surf City, here we come)
You know, it's not very cherry, it's an oldie but a goody
(Surf City, here we come)
Well, it ain't got a backseat or a rear window
But it still gets me where I wanna go

And we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun
Yeah we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun, now
Two girls for every boy......

They say they never roll the streets up, 'cause there's always something goin'
(Surf City, here we come)
You know, they're either out surfin' or they got a party growin'
(Surf City, here we come)
Well it's two swingin' honey for every guy
And all you gotta do is just wink your eye

And we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun
Yeah we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun, now
Two girls for every boy......

And if my woody breaks down on me somewhere on the surf route
(Surf City, here we come)
I'll strap my board to my back and hitch a ride in my wet-suit
(Surf City, here we come)
And when I get to Surf City, I'll be shootin' the curl
And checkin' out the parties for surfer girls

And we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun
Yeah we're goin' Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' Surf City, gonna have some fun, now
Two girls for every boy......

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:40 AM :: 2 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky