border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am hooked....

You know, one would think that I would be spending time unpacking and getting things done (and in my defense I have been doing some of that - ok a LOT of that - unpack this, recycle that, go here go there). But I have discovered that I love daytime TV. Now I am not talking about soaps (although I do love me some Y&R but have thus far resisted the urge to get sucked in again....but it may be a losing battle once school starts - just sayin'). I am not talking about talk shows and just general trash on the networks.....I am talking about....cable trash. Bravo and A&E are my new loves. LOVE LOVE LOVE these networks in the daytime.

This past Tuesday after dropping teenage daughter's friend "B" off at the airport, I just wanted to veg a little and catch up on some rest. So what did I do? Manchild and I planted our bootays on the sofa and watched ourselves a full day (not just an episode but A.FULL.DAY) of Gene Simmon's Family Jewels. I.LOVE.THIS.SHOW. And after having a marathon I had to DVR the new episode that night. HOOKED.

The one cool thing about these networks is that I don't have to watch my trash as it originally airs. I can go days without watching cause I know if I wait long enough....they will have a marathon day or they will show it again. Like the train wreck that is Housewives of New Jersey - pure total scripted trash....and I love every minute of it. But if I miss a few weeks, I know that I can catch up with no worries.

Now I know there are those of you out there that have your favorite trash TV....so come on....tell me what it is.....

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:27 AM :: 1 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky